STUFFED JUMBO SHELLS
1 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 egg (use egg beater for low fat recipe)
16 ounces cottage cheese, drain excess liquid (use 1% cottage cheese for low fat recipe)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (use low fat parmesan for low fat recipe)
10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped, thawed, well drained.
1 Jar (15 1/4 oz) spaghetti sauce; divided
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Cook jumbo shells according to package directions; drain, run cold water over noodles to cool; drain.
3. Cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink, add olive oil, onions, mushrooms, garlic and spices. Cook until onions become transparent.
4. Add egg, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and spinach to beef mixture. Mix well.
5. pour 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce into bottom of 13×9 inch baking dish.
6. Fill jumbo shells with meat mixture; place in dish.
7. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top of shells. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
8. Bake for 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.