OOZO MAIN COURSE - ALLAA MOHAMED'S DISH
This easy and flavorful dish is a family meal that kids will love too. If you're not a fan of lamb you can also try this recipe with chicken or beef. But the combination of lamb and mint is a classic with cardamom, so you might want to give it a try
PREP TIME :  Min COOK TIME :  Min READY IN :  Min
SERVES : [ 4 ] People
3 cups rice
500g ground lamb
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup carrots, sliced
1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
1 teaspoon cardamom
3 teaspoons dried mint leaves, crushed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cups water
1. Place rice in a bowl and soak for 20 minuets.
2. Season lamb with salt, chili pepper, cardamom, and mint leaves.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a medium pot and sauté spiced lamb over low heat until well cooked.
4. Add peas and carrots to pot and 3/4 cup of water, simmer until vegetables are cooked.
5. Drain rice and season with salt and mint. Then pour into pot on top of lamb without stirring together.
6. Add 3 cups of water, cover pot, and let simmer over low heat for 10 minuets.
7. Remove pot from heat and turn upside down over a large platter so that meat and vegetables are on top of rice.